"Spirit of Bermuda arriving past Gibb's Hill Lighthouse 2006". Photo by John Wadson.
- Booklets to have objectives, notes, labs and classwork in them. There will be an emphasis on good quality notes. Work not completed during lesson is to be finished independently. These collected regularly and/or graded in class and will be graded as CWK (20%)
- Homework set weekly and independently of the booklets. The aim is to include some reading from web/textbook, a concept question, one or two multiple choice question(s) and a longer answer question. May use questions set from the textbook. Graded as HWK (30%)
- Tests every month or end of unit - haven't decided yet and need to discuss with the department..... Graded as IGCSE (50%)
NOTE: S10 will have a slightly different syllabus to S11 as the exam board has changed the course slightly. The pages above reflect the updated syllabus. 2018 S11 students do not need to learn about:
- The equation of motion
- Specific heat capacity
- Stellar evolution
General Revision Links
- set students topic based exam questions with time limits per question and go over.
- Guru exercise - students to become experts in a single topic and help others with it.
- Pop quiz on equations
- colourful concept maps
- describe experiments to demonstrate certain concepts
- lab work - precise, fair test and accuracy!
- CIE multiple choice papers
- CIE alternative to practical papers