Staying in a Mountain Ski Resort for a month while Kate teaches at the Killington Music Festival. Ideal time to catch up on redoing the Physics courses for September. Work to do includes:
- Producing new workbooklets for the IGCSE course from scratch - at least the first couple of units - Forces and Motion, and Electricity. This is proving harder than I had thought - seem to be producing everything from scratch as the existing scanned in worksheets etc are too old and too poor quality to be useful.
- Putting existing links and work onto this new website.
- Update BlackBoard to match the new AP courses.
- Producing the workbooklets for the remaining AP Physics units.
- Updating the existing workbooklets to match the new format - i.e. putting lesson objectives and student notes at the beginning of each chapter, which seems better than the way that I was doing it last year, and also better matches the Year 7 workbooklets that I produced last year.
- Producing a "Science Reference Guide" for KS3 - this is still in early stages of development.
- Finalising the publicity and plans for the Ocean Sciences Geek Club.
Have managed to get some sailing in on Lake Champlain aboard an Etchells and an old J/30, as well as some cycling and hiking - so remaining sane!