"Spirit of Bermuda arriving past Gibb's Hill Lighthouse 2006". Photo by John Wadson.
- Booklets to have objectives, notes, labs and classwork in them. There will be an emphasis on good quality notes. Work not completed during lesson is to be finished independently.
- Homework set weekly and independently of the booklets. The aim is to include some reading from web/textbook, a concept question, one or two multiple choice question(s) and a longer answer question. Together, both CWK and HWK are called 'Interim' and are weighted at 50%. Your worst score is dropped every term.
- Tests every month or end of unit - haven't decided yet and need to discuss with the department..... Graded as IGCSE Summative and weighted at 50%.
General Revision Links
- set students topic based exam questions with time limits per question and go over.
- Guru exercise - students to become experts in a single topic and help others with it.
- Pop quiz on equations
- colourful concept maps
- describe experiments to demonstrate certain concepts
- lab work - precise, fair test and accuracy!
- CIE multiple choice papers
- CIE alternative to practical papers